Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Inspirations: Paul Marbrook

This is going to be the first of the occasional series of blogs about some of the people I have met along my journey into photography.  The first one I am dedicating to Paul Marbrook.  I first met Paul on one of the Walkabout sessions organised by the great Jo Rutherford (more on her in another post!).

Paul is one of those people that you can't help but like.  He is very approachable and friendly, offered me lots of good tips and advice and was quite happy to talk about some of the big dos and dont's he had discovered along his journey.  He is also the person who introduced me to Adobe Photoshop Lightroom, without which I am quite sure I would not be where I am today.  So hats off to you Paul - quite an eye-opener that one!

Known affectionately by some of the regular models as TP or Tall Paul - something I am sure which is to do with his not insignificant stature, Paul is over 6' tall and what I would describe as ruggedly good-looking - a bit of a rogue maybe - you know what I mean.  He often sports some designer stubble and I seem to remember when I first met him if he was there as a photographer or also as a model too - sorry Paul!

Paul describes himself as a "lifestyle portrait photographer" and is one of the old school - or would be if it weren't for digital.  He has a love of the standard prime lenses and this shows through in some of the breathtaking pictures he produces.  His pictures have the most beautiful blurred backgrounds with jaw-dropping colour and bokeh, yet the main focus of the picture is pin-sharp and beautifully focused.  His recent images of the gamer girl are a good example of these:
http://www.paulmarbrookphotography.com/gamer-on-in-middlewich/

See more of Paul and some his quite frankly stunning imagery at his site http://www.paulmarbrookphotography.com/

Cheers Paul, it is a great honour and pleasure to know you and to have had the privilege to work with you - and here's hoping we can do some more of that soon.   :-)
John

No comments:

Post a Comment