Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Winter frost

By 'eck it's been cold lately!  Southport has been under the grip of quite a frost, several degrees below zero, cold enough to freeze the sea on the beach and the marine lake.  I ventured out with my camera when I had the chance and got a few shots.

These were taken in my garden







This was the view of my neighbour's tree, completely white from the freezing fog the night before

Then I headed into town and decided to take my camera with me.  I knew the Marine Lake was frozen so wnated to get a couple of pictures.



This unfortunately is the mindless vandalism done whilst the lake has been frozen.  Dozens of the bridge handrail supports kicked onto the ice.

and these are some very brave / very foolish lads - walking on thin ice!  Rather them than me!

No comments:

Post a Comment